Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday sittin around

So I have some grand plans people. I have fourteen pages left of thesis to edit, which I am sure I can finish tomorrow as semester is finito and my only commitment is pilates. I also have a handful of footnotes to do as well but hopefully a day dedicated to this at uni can sort most out and frankly at this stage I am ready to jettison any that prove too hard to track down. Then I plan to tackle my image catalogue, I have almost all the images and most of the captions in varying states of completeness. I am hoping to finish all the images this week and then send entire thesis to supervisor next weekend. Can it be done?! I have to aim high.

Anyway today has been pretty laid back, I was out last night and there was a decision made to order a jug of sangria between two people, which was both fun and slightly unwise. But there wasn't much choice, the wine was dreadful, I don't really drink beer and the gin and tonics were almost all tonic. I didn't think I had drunk that much but I did decide to eat some blue cheese and crackers when I got home at midnight, and then today I found myself making scrambled eggs for lunch and drinking 1.5 litres of tea, so, well, the evidence suggests I did drink a bit much.

Here are my eggs


I also made some more necklaces, I have a slightly ridiculous amount now, I don't know how many exactly. These are made with beads I bought in Venice, apparently they are 1960s glass beads. I tend to be a tad sceptical about claims in shops in Venice, that said they were only about 50c a bead, which is pretty good value anywhere so perhaps it is true. There are two necklaces, one red and black and one white and blue, the little beads are just simple czech glass seed beads.

These grey ones I bought in Rome from one of my favourite market stalls, the guy sells an amazing array of stone and glass beads. They are all marked at outrageous prices but then he basically sells any strand for 5 euro, just for me of course, ha. They are really beautiful beads though, he always explains the names to me but in a kind of half Italian/ half English and I can never remember. I hope this holds together as the beads are very heavy.



Now I am drinking pink prosecco (actually it isn't prosecco but it is Italian and sparkling and I can't be bothered going to the kitchen to check).
Nom.


2 comments:

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Good on you for backing up!!

I love pink moscato! Is that what it was? We love the one from Innocent Bystander - it's awesome!

Cecilia said...

I'm so excited that you're approaching the end! Hopefully your ambitious plans work out! :)

And I love scrambled eggs the morning/brunch/lunch after.