Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Lunch today

I probably should be blogging about churches and art and all that culturey stuff but instead I am going to write about my lunch today. We were planning to go to the Caravaggio show at the Scuderie but there was a huge queue again and it was in the sun so we just schlepped round some chruches and Trajan's markets (I had never been) and then we were starving and near the Ghetto so we headed to Suor Margherita. I'm not sure whath the dela is now but last time I went you had to join their 'private club' as they had lost their licence to operate as restaurant because they were so cramped and considered a fire hazard. Anyone could join. I still have my card but I didn't have to present it, which made me sad. I did have to front up to a big guy with a clipboard standing outside and ask for  a table, and wait while he discussed it with another guy and looked us up and down.

It is very cramped inside, you should have seen the acrobatics I had to perform to get into my chair, at one point I thought I would have to sit with my feet behind my head.


Wine from huge bottles, the choice is red or white.

I took a photo of the water too, it was delicious and pretty.

The main reason to go here in my opinion are the 'Carciofi alla Giudia' which are deep fried so the outside leaves become like artichoke crisps and the inside is all soft and melty. So good. I am obsessed with artichokes so this is pretty much food heaven for me.



Then I had fettucine with pesto, homemade and all chewy and thick.


M had some kind of chocolate tart thing, which was very good. (Yes I am guilty of the 'Oh no I couldn't possibly eat dessert.... can I please taste some... another bite please.')



And coffee of course ( I have been drinking so much coffee while here in Italy, hopefully I'm not addicted again, we will know soon enough when I get back to Melbourne and revert to tea).

  Before...

And 5 seconds later.




The menu. If you are going to Rome and you're nice to me I might even tell you where it is. x

3 comments:

WayneandFarrah said...

Looks like you're having a ball, have been following you on twitter.
Luch looks divine, tres jealous.
I wanna see artsy blog posts :D xx

Farrah

PS - my word verification for this comment is ROCKWOO.. so ROCK ON! WOO!

Donna said...

I think food is the perfect thing to blog about when in Rome :)

Although artsy blog posts would be nice - the pics that you've tweeted look amazing.

Am v jealous & will hit you up for the address of that place when I eventually make it to Italy.

Dxx

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Am ridiculously jealous of your travels right now, particularly the pest fettucine... Please post more! And I hope you are having oodles of fun!