Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

I finally made my cup cakes. They are pretty and pink,I used a Nigella recipe for the cakes and the magnolia bakery recipe for the icing, with a few tweaks. I have eaten so much icing I feel slightly ill, oops.

Had a nice weekend. Saturday I went out to see Mum, Dad and sister, and the dogs. Hamish was very excited to see me again so we ha da long cuddle even though he was disgracefully dusty and shaggy. Had yummy lunch, home made soup, crusty bread and white wine. Then we all went for walk in Warrandyte and the dogs all had a swim. One of my sister's dogs is a great retriever and she gets so excited that as she swims after the ball she lets out little gurgly barks.

Image

Image

Had a quiet night, we scraped together all that was left in the cupboard for dinner and then I watched the Mighty Boosh.

Sunday I went to the market, and then went to Madame Brussells, was great fun. I didn't drink that much but I had barely eaten so I felt a bit tipsy, plus we got given free drinks. I walked home, did a little dance in front of the Dallas Brooks Hall and then promptly went to sleep for half an hour, woke up and ate a yummy lentil dahl, then tried to watch the cricket but found it too confusing so went to sleep again.

I have to go to fancy pantsy dinner tonight at University House, don't really feel like it, but I will probably enjoy it. On that note I should go and work out an outfit.

5 comments:

Rowan the human said...

What a life you lead! Hope the do was a blast.

Tomorrow, tomorrow... you both coming? I'm saying between 8 and 8:30. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Katya said...

Yes yes, of course. Are you eating before, after, during?

Rowan the human said...

I will be eating beforehand - family dinner for the scary AA-attending God-loving uncle we currently have in the house. There will be a need for alcohol afterwards. (That said, you could eat there of course.)

Katya said...

cool stuff, just wrote you an email too, maybe i should write about this on facebook too just to complete the trio...

Rowan the human said...

Too many communications channels!