Look at this pie I made last night! It came to me in a flash of inspiration after I realised that I had nothing to serve with the eggplant curry I had planned.
I cooked a tomato sauce with onions (chopped not too finely) and garlic, lots of chill flaskes and a can of tomatoes in a dish that could go in the oven. Scooped half the sauce out and layered thinly sliced eggplant, then a layer of spinach leaves, then a layer of thinly slice potato then a few eggplant pieces on top and covered with rest of tomato sauce and baked at about 200 degrees for about 35mins, then added some grated cheese and cooked for another 10 mins. DELICIOUS.
I ate it in the shivery cold of Daylesford in front of a roaring fire.
I am cat sitting again and have to stop myself taking photos of the cat all day. He is so funny. Here he is reading the epicure:
And the sports pages:





No comments:
Post a Comment