Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter

I am going away on Tuesday for 6 weeks to the UK, which will either mean I blog more as I feel my life is super fun and exciting and shareable, or less cos I have no internet or I am spending too much time frolicking in country gardens. Anyways I thought I would post some picture of my easter.

I spent good friday packing and tidying and editing and eating hot cross buns with lurpak butter and then a bit of apple to keep it all healthy.

Dinner in Daylesford, we had a curry festa. here is the autumnal centrepiece. I can't really take credit for it, but I did rearrange it a bit then realised my rearranging looked awful so I put it back the way it was.

Centrepiece with candles.

Centrepiece with candles and dinner guests.

My favourite beaujolais was in attendance.

As was some most delicious Chateauneuf de Pape.

And this slightly strange wine, which was like a sherry but without any sweetness. I wasn't entirely sold on it to be honest but it had a good bottle and a good label. 

My friend Nero the cat. He showed his affection for me by attempting to sleep on my bed and therefore suggesting to his owners that I was some kind of weak-willed-cats-on-beds type person, which I might be, or I might not...

Panforte remnants. Good plate.

Caravaggesque apples from the fruit trees in the garden.

Turkish delight.

I started making a tally of bottles the next day, not too bad really considering there were 8 of us.

I did need a recovery hot cross bun from the Himalaya Bakery and The Age crossword.

Lindt bunnies seem to be the easter chocolate du jour this year. Bloody nice they are too.

Sunset. My little camera can't really capture it but it was very beautiful.

Desserts at The Perfect Drop on Sunday night. I love that place. We also ate cheesy fritters, saganaki, potatoes with harissa and the meat eaters ate some duck and stuff. T 

 Drinks with friends after dinner with the iPhone DJ. they were linked to the stereo or some smarty pants shit. Note the empty bowls. Yes I had second dessert.

 Reidel wine glass. I love this so much, must buy my own.

A nice easter, though one of those ones where you feel like you need a day off after your holiday. So that's what I did. Now I need to start packing and keep planning for the UK.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I didn't realise your trip was so soon! Have the best time :)

I love a good beaujolais but I've not tried the one you posted yet, I've seen it though so I'll get it next time and give it a go :)