
Poor blog. I think I should revive you somehow except I don't know what to write about. I feel my day to day life is a bit meh and same old same old. I have no energy to rant about stuff that outrages me, I keep forgetting to take photos of the delicious food I have made. Then I feel this blog has baggage and I should start afresh, but then I quite like how long this one is already.
Anyhoo I guess I should just write something.
I have spent today trying to write my catalogue essay about this fellow to the left. Good ole William Kent. Have been having serious issues as it is a commissioned essay on something specific, but I have already published an article on this topic and I feel I can't write the same thing again. It hopefully doesn't matter that it is on something very similar, and this chapter will be longer with more discussion (and frankly we all know of many academics who write the same article over and over and over again). But whenever I try to write it the already written article comes back to haunt me. I am actually making a little bit of progress this evening. Though I am frustrated with people who don't specify what dating they are using. England was one of the the last countries in Europe to adopt the Gregorian calendar. So until 1752 the new started in March, so a letter dated January 1720, in fact refers to January 1719 according to the modern calendar. however, it is never clear whether republished letters have had their dates adjusted. Of course a writer should specify but many don't and I am left wondering if they even realise the issue. Also if someone is writing a letter from England to continental Europe you can't be certain whether they are using their date or the date of the person receiving it. SO CONFUSING. These are my troubles. Anyway back to it.
BYEEEEE.xx
Hereford
6 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment