Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I went and sussed out LaTrobe today (after a mini panic about it yesterday). Took a bus for the first time in ages and ventured to the burbs.

First, it is so confusing there all the buildings look the same! I kept going the wrong way. But on the positive side there are pretty trees and ducks around. But anyway I went and visited the department head and she said "oh you pre-empted me i wasn't going to do contracts for a week or so" , oh dear, then she didn't know how i was to be paid, hmm. Anyway I just went and spoke to other people and they told me she is rubbish and gave me lots of tips. I have my office now which has a nice view onto trees. I worked on my unit booklet all day and also learnt about the web stuff from the visual sources librarian who is lovely, whenever i couldn't figure something out she just offered to do it for me.

Will probably work at home tomorrow but should have everything done by Thursday-ish. Writing a course outline is surprisingly easy actually, I just have to figure out the reading lists, and then write my lecture for the first week and i will feel under control.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting! I'm sure you'll learn to love the 1960s blond brick look.

Yay also for the blog being back! I have missed it so...
xxR

Anonymous said...

I wonder why that comment posted on the wrong blog entry. It belongs below.

I did see the Potter today, and it was very satisfying. Let's see each other soon.

Here you are. Two comments.

The R