Had a relatively easy going day. Checked out some churches, went to a gallery, the custodian was so grumpy that i took so long, he would come into the room, see me taking notes with my nose against a picture, cough a loud hacking cough and go out for a fag. I have just been lining up some different accomodation for monday as it is too damn expensive to stay at this place, nice though it is. So going to hostel instead, then I will have money for other things, like rent, and shoes. I wasn't too sure, but now I have booked it I feel so relieved, obviously the right thing to do.
Now I think I will go for a passegiata and find somewhere to sit and drink a campari and read my book, then buy some pizza and head home for an early night.
Oh but have to relate one story, ast night I went into this bookshop and the guy was so lovely, finding me books to read and chatting to me. Told me i had lovely blue eyes and when i bought a book he gave me another one free. Then today I went past his shop and he came out and shook my hand anbd then when he heard I was going to the gallery he insisted on giving me a free pen so i could take notes. So lovely. I have to go back and buy more books.
Hereford
6 hours ago

1 comment:
yay! Bring those befriending skills back here to Oz, and start using them on book-sellers here, stat. I need (er, want) some new books for free :)
Love,
N.
Post a Comment